Volunteering has always been very important to me and I was consistently involved with one organisation or another from primary school until a few years ago. It’s time for me to return to my favourite form of giving.
I can’t commit to a regular time to volunteer locally, so I am giving the world my spare time for free.
If you want job seeking help, I want to help you.
Let me explain how I see this working…
- Send your CV or LinkedIn profile to email@example.com . In the email, tell me what kind of work you’d like to do and why – you might want to read “Career advice from 4-year-old you” to get to the heart of the “why” question!
- I’ll read your CV and make suggestions of how to tailor it more to what you are looking for.
- I’ll also send you some links to jobs you might be interested in or companies worth contacting. All for free.
Sounds too good to be true? Well, here’s my little disclaimer.
I offer this service for free as a compassionate individual who wants to give back to the community but who can’t commit to regular volunteering. As such, by sending me your details you understand and agree that:
- I merely offer suggestions based on my personal experience. I give no guarantees and take no responsibility for what you do with my suggestions. You can choose to take my suggestions on board or completely ignore me – that’s the beauty of free advice from some strange lady you found on the internet.
- I don’t keep your info longer than I need to. It will sit in my mailbox for 1 month, then I’ll delete everything except your email address which I will keep for statistical reporting (I want to know how many people I’ve tried to help) and I will add you to my mailing list.
- I am a seasoned job-hopper by choice. I have successfully been appointment to 10 or so jobs in 15 years, in two different countries and in public and private sectors. My suggestions might be different, but they’ve worked for me so they just might work for you.
- Finally, I don’t know how popular this service will be, so I can’t give guarantees about turnaround time either. But this is a teenie-tiny site, so there is a good chance you’ll hear from me pretty quickly 🙂